Tidewater Institute empowers people to build a sustainable future as they live, work, play, and create.
We each make thousands of small decisions every single day. Changing just one, when united with the choices of our neighbors, can add up to a big impact on our planet. Choose good. Choose green. And we can help make it easy.
At Tidewater Institute we seek out the community partners that make it more convenient—and less costly—to live a life that is good for you and the natural world.
- We develop initiatives and policies to protect, restore, and care for the environment;
- We advocate for the programs and incentives that will help every family, every business, and every community be greener; and
- We link communities to the resources they need to make more sustainable choices each and every day.
We love the earth. We are doing all we can to protect it.
Whether you are a weekend hiker seeking access to open space trails, a parent who wants the new generation of kids to splash around in a healthy tidal pool teeming with marine life, a college student pursuing a smaller carbon footprint and a better relationship with your planet, or a resident who just wants to take a little step toward greener, cleaner living, join us and we can turn the tide…together.
1) Effect change in federal, state, and local environmental policy, awareness, and attitudes to protect and restore our environment, local economy, and quality of life;
2) Engage citizens, artisans, and industry in developing supportive, sustainable communities that use creative and balanced strategies to enhance the places they value; and
3) Develop and advocate for incentives and programs that create sustainable, environmentally-friendly options that help businesses and individuals in everyday life.
Our Office Philosophy
Tidewater is committed to operating its programs and administrative activities in a manner that is consistent with a clean and healthy environment. We believe that demonstrating our desire to be an environmental leader is not only the right thing to do, but is also good for business. Therefore, we pledge to limit our carbon footprint, reduce waste, shrink energy consumption, and minimize water usage, and to otherwise conduct our business in an environmentally responsible manner that protects the public, our community, and our shared planet.