Tidewater Institute protects the environment and preserves natural resources through advocacy, education, citizen-engagement and partnerships. Together we can create everyday environmentalists.
- We build diverse alliances with the communities who can make a direct and lasting impact on the environment. The business community, education institutions, policymakers, the design and development industry, and arts organizations bring unique and important insight to achieving sustainability and translating thought into action;
- We provide advocacy support to green businesses; and
- We encourage environmental best practices through recommendations and model corporate sustainability policies.
- We link federal and state policy to local environmental impact and opportunities;
- We develop and advocate for state and local policy that protects our water, land and air; and
- We enforce environmental laws when required.
Education & Citizen Engagement
- We empower communities to protect the natural world through stewardship and action in everyday life: Good and Green—Live, Work, Play, and Create;
- We host events, workshops and classes that promote sustainable living; and
- We provide opportunities for citizens to get involved in advocacy through our environmental alert emails.
Small Business Sustainability Pledge
Green Business Partnership
Public Policy Advocacy
Public Access & Resiliency Program