You made Sustainable Sunday a success!
Huge thanks to our sponsors, green-vendors, and eco-shoppers for participating in Sustainable Sunday 2016. We are ready to expand the project in 2017 and hope you will join us again.
Thanksgiving weekend starts the mad dash of holiday shopping. With Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and
Cyber Monday, customers are given a wide variety of purchasing venues, but at Tidewater Institute we believe holiday shopping shouldn’t break the bank…or the planet.
We can shop smart and shop sustainably. On November 27, 2016 Tidewater Institute is inviting partners to launch #Sustainable Sunday with us.
Tidewater Institute empowers citizens and businesses to make sustainable choices as they live, work, play and create. Turn the tide, together—join Tidewater Institute in Sustainable Sunday!
How Do I Participate?
- People: pledge to shop green on Sustainable Sunday, spread the word by sharing the event page and the Sustainable Sunday image, share comments about great finds on the event page, and sign up for alerts about future events and actions.
- Shops and Online Businesses: Sign-up to become a Sustainable Sunday partner.
- Highlight store’s eco-options for customers on Sustainable Sunday;
- Offer a 20% or more discount to people who purchase eco-items and either mention Sustainable Sunday or show you Tidewater’s Sustainable Sunday webpage (paperless options only please);
- Pledge to promote Sustainable Sunday and we will feature you on a map of Sustainable Sunday Partners.
- Sponsor: Support the effort at various level and your logo and business will be featured as a Sponsor on our promotional materials. Let us know if you’d like to learn more.
What is Sustainable Sunday?
Sustainable Sunday is a shopping day during the Thanksgiving weekend buying spree that Tidewater is creating to highlight eco-friendly products. We are launching this new shopping day in three ways:
- People: Members of the public are encouraged to the pledge to shop sustainably this holiday season;
- Brick and Mortar and Web-based Shops: On Sustainable Sunday, November 27, 2016, stores are encouraged to highlight sustainable products and offer discounts for those items; and
- Online: A social media campaign will focus attention on shopkeepers and online retailers who participate in Sustainable Sunday and encourage consumers to shop smart on Sustainable Sunday.